With Babbelfiets you will discover Hasselt in a new and exciting way! This is true for both locals and tourists! We offer you the real experience. The local guide leads you through the intriguing city and shows you the street art, culinary area, and the culture route (churches, museums and other hidden gems). And thanks to our surprising gift box, you can prepare to be spoiled with local artisanal products from local small traders. After the ride you will receive 8 gifts (gifts and souvenirs from local businesses).
We would like to thank our partners for their cooperation.
A tour with the Babbelfiets
The Babbelfietser (your tour guide and driver) will take you on a 30-minute tour. During the ride they will show you beautiful and authentic places in Hasselt. And you will get to discover what is in the gift box!
Do you want to know what small gifts * you will receive? Then keep on scrolling! But if you like to be surprised don't scroll all the way down.
Did you know that now there is not only 1 but 2 Babbelfietsen driving around in Hasselt?
You can reserve each of these Babbelfiets tour bikes for a unique and guided visit of the city. View our calendar for the available dates and times and book a Babbelfiets (or 2) to start an unforgettable experience!
Each reservation of one Babbelfiets bike allows for 2 adults or 3 children (age 12 and under)
* The gifts:
- Hasselt speculaas (Bakkersdochter)
- 1 Hasselt souvenir FLAGBAG (Hendrikshuis)
- Hasselt delicacies (Butchery Quetin)
- Hasselt paté from (Slagerij Geerts)
- I Love Hasselt tea (The Tea Station)
- Totebag 'Lucky bag' (Online Magazine I Love Hasselt)
- A small jar of caramelized hazelnuts (Nuts about Nuts)
- postcard “secret garden” (2Xkadet)
- Hasselt Speculaas (Patisserie Cools)
The Babbelfiets rides on fixed days and times.
Every weekend from Saturday to Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. And also on Thursday en Friday during the school holidays.
Do you want to ride outside these times? You can, with a gift voucher!
With a gift voucher, the Babbelfiets rides 7 days a week
You can also reserve the Babbelfiets for a round trip of half an hour or 1 hour outside the fixed times (also on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).
Give yourself a nice tour or give the voucher to someone else.
Rates of gift vouchers
A ride of 30 minutes: 30 euros/ bike (with starting point Toerisme Hasselt)
A ride of 60 minutes: 50 euros/ bike (it is possible to pick you from your hotel or terrace or your house in the 'kleine ring')
The starting point from the Babbelfiets is Toerisme Hasselt, Maastrichterstraat 59
Find our voucher at our partners:
- Visit Hasselt (Maastrichterstraat 59, 3500 Hasselt)
- Teastation (Aldestraat 13, 3500 Hasselt)
- Het Menneke (Maastrichterstraat 48, 3500 Hasselt)
- Tarte Tatin (Walputstraat 19, 3500 Hasselt)
- Bakkersdochter (Minderbroedersstraat 28, 3500 Hasselt)
- VenaVino (Lombaardstraat 13/2, 3500 Hasselt)
- Huis Prickens (Diesterstraat 9, 3500 Hasselt)
- Holiday Inn Hotel (Kattegatstraat 1, 3500 Hasselt)
- De Sladerij (Havermarkt 39/2, 3500 Hasselt)
- De Groene Hendrickx (Hotel - Brasserie) (Zuivelmarkt 25, 3500 Hasselt)
- 't Hemelhuys (Hemelrijk 15, 3500 Hasselt)
- BareFood Giulia (Leopoldplein 26, 3500 Hasselt)
- Nuts about Nuts (Demerstraat 28, 3500 Hasselt)
- Klatch.bar (Meldertstraat 46, 3500 Hasselt)
- 2XKADET (Maastrichterstraat 28, 3500 Hasselt)
- t juweelateljee (Maastrichterstraat 78, 3500 Hasselt)
- Hasselt HasHotel (Sint-Jozefsstraat, 3500 Hasselt)
- Villa Saporis (Kuringersteenweg 124, 3500 Hasselt)
- Hallelujah (Guido Gezellestraat 1, 3500 Hasselt)
- Optiek Nolens (Dorpsstraat 1, 3500 Hasselt)
- Klinder (Lombaardstraat 13/3, 3500 Hasselt)
- Hendrikshuis (Minderbroedersstraat 56-58, 3500 Hasselt)
- De Reddende Engel (Schrijnwerkersstraat 19, 3500 Hasselt)
- Grim (Maastrichterstraat 83, 3500 Hasselt)
- De Levensboom Hasselt (Leopoldplein 44, 3500 Hasselt)
- Keurslager Geerts (Zuivelmarkt 15, 3500 Hasselt)
- Beenhouwerij-Traiteur Quetin (Maastrichterstraat 14, 3500 Hasselt)
- Just For The Record (Diesterstraat 18, 3500 Hasselt)
- Park Inn by Radisson Hasselt (Sint-Jozefsstraat 10.2.2, 3500 Hasselt)
- Radisson Blu Hotel (Torenplein 8, 3500 Hasselt)
Would you rather walk through Hasselt than join us on our @Babbelwalk.
Discover Hasselt in an interactive way during a Babbelwalk. Take part in this group walk through the city centre of Hasselt on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening. A local (a student or resident of Hasselt) will accompany you on this tour along street art, churches and museums, to the culinary paradise of the city. A Teasing Box, with objects such as 3D glasses and a speculaasje, will give you an extra experience during your walk.
When? Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening.
Starting points at 7pm:
Thursday evening Radison Blu Hotel (reservation required)
Friday evening HasHotel (reservation required)
Saturday evening Holiday Inn Hotel (reservation required)
Duration: 1.5 to max. 2 hours.
15 euro per person (incl. 1 tote bag)
5 euro per child < 12 years old.
You can also book this Babbelwalk for your own group, even on other days or at other times.
The Babbelfiets Tour with Palmira Proietti
Babble bike in the news